Cajun Fried Turkey
- 1 (10 to 12 pound) Butterball® Fresh Whole Turkey
- 1 jar (12 ounce) buttery Creole marinade
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 3 gallons peanut oil, for frying
Preheat oil to 400°.
Remove giblets and neck from body cavities of turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Do not use the turkey lifter in fryer.
Inject 1/2 cup marinade into each side of breast. Inject 1/4 cup marinade into each leg/thigh area. Sprinkle turkey generously with Cajun seasoning.
Place turkey, breast side up, in basket. Slowly lower basket into hot oil, being cautious of splattering oil. Maintain oil temperature at about 350°.
Fry turkey for 3-1/2 minutes per pound. Remove from oil to check for doneness. Insert an instant-read thermometer into thickest part of thigh, not touching bone. Temperature should read 180°.
Remove from hot oil and drain on paper towels. Let rest 15 minutes before carving.
- 1. Brined Brown Sugar Deep Fried Turkey
- 2. Burgundy Roast Turkey Breast
- 3. Cajun Fried Turkey
- 4. Grilled Turkey Cuban
- 5. HoneyBaked Turkey Frittata
- 6. Maple-Glazed Turkey Breast with Orange-Parsley Stuffing
- 7. Pineapple Turkey Kabobs
- 8. Roast Glazed Turkey Breast with Roasted Peppers
- 9. Roast Turkey with Cranberry Orange Glaze
- 10. Roasted Heritage Turkey
- 11. Rosemary Turkey #1
- 12. Rosemary Turkey #2
- 13. Simple Turkey Stuffing
- 14. Smoked Butterflied Breast of Turkey
- 15. Smoked Turkey With Smoked Oyster Dressing
- 16. Spice-Rubbed Turkey with Garlic-Pear Puree
- 17. Turkey and Dressing
- 18. Turkey Breast with Southwestern Cornbread Dressing