Zinfandel's Barbequed Ribs
- 2 slabs pork spareribs
- 1/2 cup Zinfandel's Rib Rub
- 2 cups Zinfandel's Barbecue Sauce
The night before grilling (or at least several hours before), rub the Rib Rub into the spareribs, covering both sides. You may or may not need to use all of the rub.
About 3 hours before serving, build a charcoal fire, using about 2 quarts of good quality hardwood charcoal. When coals are covered with gray ash, but are still burning fiercely, spread them out and push them against two sides of the grill. You want to cook over indirect heat, not directly over the coals.
Place marinated ribs, bone side down, on the cooking rack and position the rack over the coals so that the ribs are in the middle of the grill, not directly over the coals. Cover the grill, adjust the top vents to open and walk away for 30 minutes.
After a half hour, lift the cover and take a peek. The ribs should browning nicely, and your neighbors should start wandering over to see what you are doing. Flip the ribs over to cook meat side down, replace the cover and wait another 30 minutes.
After an hour, the ribs should be dark brown, crispy and pulling away from the bone. At this point, pull them off the grill, cut between the bones and enjoy with warm Zinfandel Barbecue sauce.
The ribs can also be chilled quickly, then reheated on the grill to serve at a later time.
"Z" Restaurant Recipes:
Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill
- 1.Z'Tejas Grill Breakfast Quesadillas
- 2.Z'Tejas Grill Chicken Caesar Salad
- 3.Z'Tejas Grill Fudge Pie
Zachary's Creole Cuisine Restaurant
- 1.Zachary's Creole Cuisine Famous Fried Chicken
- 2.Zachary's Creole Cuisine Homemade Hot Sausage
- 3.Zachary's Creole Cuisine Jambalaya Pasta
- 4.Zachary's Creole Cuisine Potato Salad
Zambra Grille Restaurant
- 1.Zambra Grille Grape Jelly Vinaigrette
- 2.Zambra Grille Mango Spare Ribs
- 3.Zambra Grille Penne Pasta
Zia Maries Restaurant
- 1.Zinfandel's Barbeque Sauce
- 2.Zinfandel's Barbequed Ribs
- 3.Zinfandel's Blueberry Zinfandel Sorbet
- 4.Zinfandel's Rib Rub
- 5.Zinfandel's Skillet Cornbread
Zios Italian Kitchen Restaurant
- 1.Zios Italian Kitchen Chicken Pepperoni
- 2.Zios Italian Kitchen Chicken Scaloppini
- 3.Zios Italian Kitchen Pasta
Zipes Eatery Restaurant
Zitos Bakery Restaurant
Zuni Cafe Restaurant
- 1.Zuni Cafe Pappa al Pomodoro
- 2.Zuni Cafe Pasta alla Carbonara
- 3.Zuni Cafe Ancho Maple Glazed Pork Chop