TGI Friday's Vegetable Grill
- Red peppers - wash and dry, cut into large squares
- Zucchini - wash and dry, cut into large round slices, about 3 inches thick
- Summer squash - wash and dry, cut into large round slices, about 4 inches thick
- Roma tomato - wash and dry, remove core and discard, cut in V wedges
Use bamboo or wood skewers - soak in water for 30 minutes before use so skewers do not burn on the grill or splinter.
Assemble skewers in color array such as - red pepper, zucchini, Roma tomato, squash. When assembling, place vegetable flat on cutting board and insert skewer through skin side and out through skin side for a flat long skewer of fresh vegetables. Grill until vegetables are just tender and slightly crunchy.
Cook your favorite thin long pasta, such as spaghetti, in salted boiling water and place in dish.
Tomato Salsa Ingredients:
- 6 to 8 medium-size Roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 fresh basil leaves
Wash, core and dice tomatoes to 1/4-inch pieces; save juices and place in small bowl.
Wash, dry and cut basil leaves into thin strips.
Combine all ingredients and hold for 2 hours before use.
Place pasta in center of bowl. Top with fresh Tomato Salsa. Place portabella on cutting board and cut into strips on a bias and place on top of Tomato Salsa and pasta. Arrange vegetables skewers around plate.Makes 4 Source:
Submitted by: Recipe Group Member
Print This Page