Rialto Cafe Fruit de Mars Napoleon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups tomato purée (canned)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 oz. brandy
Using a 2-quart sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until the oil just starts to smoke.
Add the onions and stir. Cook until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
Add the ground cardamom, stirring well to incorporate. Continue stirring constantly to lightly toast the cardamom and to prevent scorching. This takes about one minute.
Deglaze with the brandy and flame to burn off the alcohol.
When the flame subsides, add the tomato puree and stir well.
Bring the tomato mixture to boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer slowly for 30 minutes.
Keep warm until ready to use.
*NOTE: The sauce can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator 2-3 days.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 clams (preferably Manila clams)
- 12 black mussels
- 12 (16/20 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz. salmon (or any other firm ocean fish) 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup 1/4-inch diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
Puff Pastry, You can find puff pastry in your local supermarket or specialty stores. They can be any shape as long as they are 3 to 4 inches in diameter and that they puff when cooked to at least 3 inches high. Follow the recommended instructions to cook.
In a large 12-inch skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the clams and cook, swirling the pan frequently to allow the clams to cook without burning.
Just as the clams start to open, add the mussels and shrimp.
Continue to keep swirling the pan to avoid burning.
Add the salmon (or other fish) and sear quickly on all sides. Just as you are finished searing the salmon, all of the clams and mussels should have opened or at least started to open.
Deglaze with the brandy and flame to burn off the alcohol.
When the flame has subsided, add the tomato sauce and heat to a boil.
Just as the tomato sauce starts to boil reduce the heat to a low simmer. Be careful not to over cook the seafood.
Add the parsley and mix well.
Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
To Assemble Ingredients:
Split each of the puff pastries into thirds.
Place the bottom piece of the puff pastry in the center of a 12-inch plate.
Spoon about 2 ounces of the seafood onto the bottom piece of the puff pastry (reserve the clams and mussels for the finishing step).
Top the mixture with the middle piece of the puff pastry.
Spoon another 2 ounces of the seafood mixture on the middle layer allowing the sauce to cascade down onto the plate.
Add the top piece of the puff pastry.
Place 3 clams and 3 mussels around the Napoleon alternating each.
Garnish with fresh herb sprigs such as chive, cilantro or basil. Enjoy!
*Note: When assembling the Napoleons, be sure to evenly portion the seafood, 3 shrimp, 3 clams, 3 mussels and 1 ounce of fish.
- 4 to 6
"R" Restaurant Recipes:
Raagini Indian Restaurant
Rachel Mcleod's Restaurant
Radisson Inn Restaurant
- 1.Radisson Inn Restaurant Roasted Sicilian Pork Shoulder Recipe
- 2.Radisson Inn Restaurant Seafood Spaghettini Recipe
Rafaels Mexican Restaurant
Rainbow Room Restaurant
- 1.Rainforest Cafe Caribe Coconut Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2.Rainforest Cafe Coconut Bread Pudding Recipe
- 3.Rainforest Cafe Crab Cakes Recipe
- 4.Rainforest Cafe Maya Pastalaya Recipe
- 5.Rainforest Cafe Monkey Business Recipe
- 6.Rainforest Cafe Rasta Pasta Recipe
- 7.Rainforest Cafe Safari Soup Recipe
- 8.Rainforest Cafe Southwestern Ancho Chile Ribeye Recipe
Ralph and Kacoos Restaurant
- 1.Ralph and Kacoos Barbequed Shrimp Sauce Recipe
- 2.Ralph and Kacoos BBQ Shrimp Recipe
- 3.Ralph and Kacoos Crawfish and Corn Soup Recipe
- 4.Ralph and Kacoos Crawfish Etouffee Recipe
- 5.Ralph and Kacoos Salmon Provencal Recipe
- 6.Ralph and Kacoos Shrimp Butter Recipe
Ramada Inn Restaurant
Rancho de Tia Rosa Restaurant
Red Creek Inn Vineyard and Racing Stable
Red Hawk Room Restaurant
Red Lantern Whore House Restaurant
Red Lion Inn Restaurant
Red Lobster Restaurant
- 1.Red Lobster Alaska Snow Crab with Red Sauce Recipe
- 2.Red Lobster Amarillo Salmon Recipe
- 3.Red Lobster Bananas Foster Cheesecake Recipe
- 4.Red Lobster Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 5.Red Lobster Basil Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 6.Red Lobster Batter Fried Shrimp Recipe
- 7.Red Lobster Bite Size Shrimp Quiches Recipe
- 8.Red Lobster Black and Blue Talapia Recipe
- 9.Red Lobster Broiled Dill Salmon Recipe
- 10.Red Lobster Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 11.Red Lobster Cajun Mushroom Sauce for Grilled Fish Recipe
- 12.Red Lobster Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- 13.Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe
- 14.Red Lobster Cheese Garlic Sticks Recipe
- 15.Red Lobster Chocolate Lava Cakes Recipe
- 16.Red Lobster Clam Chowder Recipe
- 17.Red Lobster Country Fried Flounder Recipe
- 18.Red Lobster Crab Alfredo Recipe
- 19.Red Lobster Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 20.Red Lobster Fish in a Bag Recipe
- 21.Red Lobster Fried Soft Shell Crab Recipe
- 22.Red Lobster Grilled Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
- 23.Red Lobster Hawaiian Skewers Recipe
- 24.Red Lobster hushpuppies Recipe
- 25.Red Lobster Lobster and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 26.Red Lobster Lobster Bisque Recipe
- 27.Red Lobster Lobster Fondue Recipe
- 28.Red Lobster Lobster Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe
- 29.Red Lobster Lobster Chops Recipe
- 30.Red Lobster Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
- 31.Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 32.Red Lobster Roasted Maine Lobster with Crabmeat Stuffing Recipe
- 33.Red Lobster Rock Shrimp Creole Recipe
- 34.Red Lobster Sail Away Recipe
- 35.Red Lobster Sesame Ginger Seared Salmon with Asian Vegetables Recipe
- 36.Red Lobster Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Recipe
- 37.Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 38.Red Lobster Sparkling Fruit Recipe
- 39.Red Lobster Sunset Passion Colada Recipe
- 40.Red Lobster Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
- 41.Red Lobster Ultimate Fondue Recipe
- 42.Red Lobster White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Red Robbin Restaurant
Red Sage Restaurant
Red's bbq Catering Restaurant
Redwood Park Restaurant
Riazzi's Italian Gardens Restaurant
Rio Ranch Restaurant
River Bar and Grill
River Road Brewery
River's Edge Restaurant
Roadside Bar Grill Restaurant
Roaring Fork Restaurant
Ruths Chris Steak House
- 1.Ruths Chris Steak House Barbecue Shrimp Orleans Recipe
- 2.Ruths Chris Steak House Crab Cakes Recipe
- 3.Ruths Chris Steak House Sauteed Shrimp with Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
- 4.Ruths Chris Steak House Warm Peppered Tenderloin Steak Salad Recipe