Kentucky Colonel Chicken
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces (cook 4 at a time and reuse shortening)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Lawry's seasoning salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
Clean chicken parts and remove skin if desired.
Place shortening and butter in pressure cooker.
Mix dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
Beat eggs in another shallow bowl.
Heat pressure cooker over medium to medium high heat.
Put chicken in flour mixture. Dip into egg, then into flour again. When oil is hot, add 4 pieces and brown on one side; turn. Remove chicken and add the remaining four pieces. Brown on one side; turn. Add all the chicken to the pressure cooker. Close cooker. Bring up pressure and cook for 5 to 7 minutes with pressure rocking slowly. Let pressure drop of its own accord for 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure under faucet. Drain on paper towels.
Baked Chicken Recipes:
- 1. Baked Cheddar Chicken
- 2. Baked-in-milk Chicken
- 3. Baked Italian Chicken #1
- 4. Baked Italian Chicken #2
- 5. Baked Lemon Chicken with Chinese Lemon Sauce
- 6. Baked Ranch Chicken
- 7. Baked Ranch Parmesan Chicken
- 8. Baked Yogurt Chicken
- 9. Bloody Mary Oven-fried Chicken
- 10. Easy Baked bbq Chicken
- 11. Deep South Oven Chicken
- 12. Low Fat Baked Chicken
- 13. Parmesan Oven-fried Chicken