El Pollo Loco-Style Chicken
- 1 Chicken -- cut pieces w/skin
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Lime juice
- 1/3 cup Canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
Briefly simmer the cut-up chicken in a deep-sided skillet, keeping pieces in single layer without crowding them, until the meat appears milky white and the juices run clear, no longer pink.
Allow to cool in the broth, uncovered, while you prepare the basting sauce. Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up on broiler pan in single layer and baste with enough of mixture to evenly coat skin side.
Turn and baste other side. Turn again to skin side up and broil 6" from the heat, brushing with additional sauce every few minutes until skin is really crispy and golden brown, approximately 5 to 8 minutes for large pieces.
Mix juices, oil, turmeric, salt and pepper. This makes enough to baste nine pieces.
- Gloria Pitzer's Secret Recipes Newsletter
July, 2008 Recipes:
- 1. A1 Steak Sauce
- 2. Arby's-style Horsey Sauce
- 3. Arthur Treacher's-style Fish & Chips
- 4. Bennigan's-style Onion Soup
- 5. KFC-style Fried Chicken
- 6. Bob Evans-style Dressing
- 7. Red Lobster-style Cheesy Biscuits
- 8. Boston Chicken-Style Macaroni & Cheese
- 9. El Pollo Loco-style Chicken
- 10. Famous Nameless Cookies